Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Congratulations!

Hello again! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer, so far. Congratulations are in order for Region 10 member, Ellen Kirschman. The Public Safety Writers Association awarded her book, "I Love a Cop: What Police Families Need to Know" 1st Prize during their recent awards presentations, along with the Grand Prize OVERALL in their non-fiction category!!

In addition, Ellen has written a book of fiction that, as of yet, is unpublished, titled "Burying Ben." The story is about a young rookie officer who kills himself, and his anguished psychologist must uncover why he committed suicide, and why he left a note blaming her. The book sounds like it's going to be another amazing book, and apparently, the Public Safety Writers Association thought so, as well, as Ellen won 1st Prize in the Unpublished Category for the book, as well! What a fantastic honor for someone who has supported law enforcement officers for years! Congratulations, Ellen; you deserve it, and thanks again for all the support you have given to all of us in law enforcement officers over the years.

For those who have never read Ellen's book, "I Love a Cop," I HIGHLY recommend it, not only for those of you in law enforcement, but also for your family members. I guarantee you it will be money worth spending (and, it's a tax write-off for you, to boot!)

Also, congratulations are in order for Caroline Serrato from the Hillsborough Police Department in California; Caroline was just promoted to Captain! Good luck in your new position; I know you'll be great in it!

If anyone has any news to share that you think would be of interest to members in the Region, please let me know, and I'll be happy to share it with everyone on the blog. Also, if you have any recommendations on books to read that would benefit those of us in the profession, please e-mail them to me at RLM2214A@aol.com, and I'll add a suggested reading list on the blog.

Thanks, and stay safe.